Old 29-07-2003, 02:14 AM
Sarah Huff

Default Brassias - where do bud spikes develop?

Hi everyone!

Where do bud spikes develop on Brassias? I thought they developed at the
base of the pseudobulb after it developed fully, but now I have one that's
coming out from between the leaves of a new growth that doesn't have an
identifiable pseudobulb yet. Just wondering . . .

Thanks!

Sarah

Take off the sweater to reply.

Old 29-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Both are possible. Depends on the plant. For example the brassia caudata
flowers after the pseudobulb has matured and de brassia verrucosa flowers
while the pseudobulb is still growing.
Peter
"Sarah Huff" schreef in bericht

Old 30-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Sarah Huff

Thanks, Peter!

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message
. be...
Both are possible. Depends on the plant. For example the brassia caudata
flowers after the pseudobulb has matured and de brassia verrucosa flowers
while the pseudobulb is still growing.
Peter
"Sarah Huff" schreef in bericht
Hi everyone!

Where do bud spikes develop on Brassias? I thought they developed at

the
base of the pseudobulb after it developed fully, but now I have one

that's
coming out from between the leaves of a new growth that doesn't have an
identifiable pseudobulb yet. Just wondering . . .

Thanks!

Sarah

Take off the sweater to reply.

Foxgloves - Will cut seeds develop? PollyWain Gardening 3 08-07-2010 03:53 AM
Great ruin - hope to re-develop Pinky Permaculture 0 14-07-2004 10:06 AM
Q phal bud spikes Sarah Huff Orchids 1 11-01-2004 03:04 AM
Brassias - where do bud spikes develop? Sarah Huff Orchids 0 05-08-2003 04:18 AM
When will phal keikis develop roots? Ted Byers Orchids 1 20-06-2003 10:08 PM