Old 01-08-2003, 07:12 PM
germ

Default Standard Cattleyas and Better Species

I have been looking online for hybrid standard cattleyas and better
species, especially semi-albas. I have found lots of pics to wet my
appetite but few sites with things for sale.

As an example of what I am looking for: you can find C. percivalliana
"Summit" FCC/AOS and C. percivalliana (no parents listed) everywhere.
I am looking for things like divisions or clones of C. percivalliana
"Sonia", or seedlings of C. percivalliana "Carache" x "Jewel". Not
necessarily those clones just something different with the potential
to be better than average.

Any help on finding vendors in the US?

Jim
Old 01-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Mick Fournier

Jim,

I have flasks of C Percivaliana grandiflora alba Sonia x (Sonia x self)...
and lots of "way better than average" other Cattleyas.

Mick (in the USA)
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

--------------------------------------

m...

Old 02-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Steve

Have you searched on Google and included the word "price" in the search?
Aaron Hicks mentioned that trick here once and it does work. It weeds
out lots of sites with nothing for sale.

Steve

Old 02-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 00:18:17 GMT, Steve wrote:

Have you searched on Google and included the word "price" in the search?
Aaron Hicks mentioned that trick here once and it does work. It weeds
out lots of sites with nothing for sale.

Steve

Another trick I use with Google is to search with in my original
selection. If I get a slew of pages then I look with in that for
some other defining item. Price is one you could add later.
Or Price and Photo to get a look at what they are selling.
Good luck

SuE
Old 02-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Steve

I'm glad you wrote that Susan. The search within results feature is
something I have never tried. I've probably seen it a thousand times
but never tried it. I'll remember to try it now.

Steve