Old 09-09-2003, 12:08 AM
dd

Default Outdoors to indoors, insecticide and fungicide

Peter--Well, think of a macaroni salad--it's a Yank thing. So, you've
got pasta, and you've cooked it and you've poured on an Italian
dressing. Then you add the fixins--smoked mozzarella cheese or Greek
cheese, little grape tomatoes sliced in half, salami or other Italian
meats of your choice, Greek or French oil-cured olives, fresh or
pickled green peppers, maybe some garbanzo beans or fresh peas, some
herbs, some red peppers--sun dried or not, etc. Basically, it's a meal
in a bowl that can be arranged like a work of art. Oh, and you must
have a glass of wine with it. :-)

In article , Boystrup
Pb, ann,... wrote:

Sounds like a great place to be tomorrow. Just to bad that I would have to
cross the atlantic.
What's an antipasta pasta salad
Just curious
Cheers
Peter

"dd" schreef in bericht
I'm in the Greater Boston area and am with Mass Orchid Society. We're
having our auction tomorrow, Tuesday, night. This is a terrific event
with a LOT of bargains on excellent plants. If you're in the 'hood,
it's worth checking out. If you're interested, let me know and I'll
email you the particulars.

P.S. Picnic? Antipasta pasta salad-- epicurious web site has some good
recipes

Old 09-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Sounds delicious. Just one thing to add. I don't drink alcohol. Don't like
it, don't want it, have seen what it can do to people.
I don't think that we live in a perfect world, but since we live in it, we
might as well experience it with our eyes open and heads clear.
If we all did that then maybe the world would become a better place for all
to live in.
As you can see I am somewhat of an idealist every once in a while. So what,
if we were all the same the world would probably be a borring place.
Cheers
Peter
( Hope I haven't offended anyone.)

"dd" schreef in bericht

Old 09-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Diane Mancino

No problem Peter. If I want to really have a good time, sober is best, and
then maybe I'll remember your name.

Getting back to the subject of fall chores, these days are so nice that I'm
opting to keep the orchids on open windowsills- its too early to turn on
the heat. I just reviewed my inventory and care sheets to reassure myself
that that the Den. kingianum Ruth likes to be exposed to these crisp temps
( down to 35 F) if in bright light.

Its also time to change the watering and feeding for some. I need a tag
system of who needs what! pot luck won't do here.

Diane
. be...

Old 09-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Just a few things.
One I realy need to make a list to compare celcious with fahrenheit.
And inch with cm. That will make it a lot easier for me to understand your
messages.
And secondly, my cold orchids will stay outside for a few more weeks. As
long as it doesn't start to freeze, I'll keep my dendrobium kingianum
speciosum and delicatum, zygopethalums, lemboglossums and pleiones outside,
probably till mid oktober.
The others went in this week.
Cheers
Peter
"Diane Mancino" schreef in bericht
t...

Old 09-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Wendy

Hi Peter, try these urls for conversions.
http://pao.cnmoc.navy.mil/educate/ne...al/convert.htm
http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/...nversions.html
For Farenheit multply the Celcius by 1.8 & add 32
Not sure how it is the other way around though?
Cheers Wendy

Old 09-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Ray

°F=(1.8 x °C)+32

1 in = 2.54 cm

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 09-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Thanks you two.
I'll make a small list of the most frequent temps to have when I read all
your postings.
You do use Fahrenheit when you talk about temp or is it kelvin. I learned
all this back in school, but never gave it much attention.
Cheers
Peter

"Ray" schreef in bericht
°F=(1.8 x °C)+32

1 in = 2.54 cm

Old 10-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Ray

Fahrenheit, for the most part, although those of us trained in the sciences
or engineering use both F & C fairly regularly.