Old 12-10-2003, 11:32 AM
claude

Default Looking for Orchid Software!

Hello!

I`m looking for a FREE orchid software. A few month ago, there was a excel
application somewhere but I lost the link.

Can you help?

Claude

Old 12-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Wendy

Hi Claude, Sorry I can't help with a free one but our very own ProfPam has a
database & it
really does have everything!
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html
I have it & its worth the money.
Cheers Wendy

Old 13-10-2003, 02:22 AM
GrlIntrpted

Do you mean a database?
I created my own in Access, from scratch. Not only is it split in what I
currently have on hand, but I have an area designated for a wish list, as
well as another area of cultural requirments for other orchid species which
I do not have, just as an FYI kind of thing. Each record has a photo, and
various entries such as where and when the purchase was made, the cost,
re-potting records, media information, and a whole bunch of other
information that I may or may not need . I can sort it by pretty much any
record, I can generate name tags through a simple linked mail merge. I can
print a report of when and how I fertilized the orchids last, how much I
spent on them by week, month, or year etc.....I created this database out of
frustration when i was not able to find the software and the flexibility
that I was searching for.

If you know Access, create your own!

Mariana

Old 13-10-2003, 02:42 AM
claude

Hello Marianna!

yes I know Access but I didn`t want to reinvent the wheel, but I think I
will do my own database!

Thanks

Claude

.net...

Old 14-10-2003, 03:02 AM
GrlIntrpted

True reinventing the wheel is often a frustrating task, but in this
particular case, was well worth it . I have precisely what I want.

Mariana

Old 14-10-2003, 06:32 AM
profpam

Thanks for the kind words, Wendy.

Certainly if you have the time and know-how, it can be best to create
your own database, Claude. However, a great deal of time can go into a
program, and for about an hour's programming wages, you can purchase a
copy of Everything Orchid Management System with support and at least a
couple of free upgrades. Surely, a free program is not going to have
support associated with it.

Once again, Marianna, there is nothing wrong with doing your own
database. But, this program --Everything Orchid Management System -- is
sold to help support orchids and nothing more. Aren't you a part of the
Awaken Hungry t-shirt sales? Or is that a different Marianna?

.. . . Pam

---------------------------------------

Old 14-10-2003, 08:43 PM
GrlIntrpted

"profpam" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the kind words, Wendy.

Aren't you a part of the

Awaken Hungry t-shirt sales? Or is that a different Marianna?

I have no idea what Awaken Hungry t-shirt is, sorry . You are thinking of
someone else.

Mariana
NYC

Old 14-10-2003, 09:43 PM
claude

Hello Profpam!

Is there an evaluation copy that I can try before buying it?

Thanks

Claude

Old 14-10-2003, 11:02 PM
profpam

Hi, Claude,

Sorry I don't have a freebie out there; however, I do have previous
copies at a discounted price -- 16.50 plus 5.50 shipping, which are all
upgradeable to the current copy of the program. At least a couple of
additional upgrades are free.

The new program contains breeding information and improved label
printing.

To order, just go to the order form
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page4.html and change the Item Number to
rec101 and enter 16.50 for the price. This offer is extended to anyone
else in this group.

Thanks a lot for the email and inquiry.

.. . . Pam