Old 09-11-2003, 11:42 AM
E.Bowden

Default What are my chances??

I think I already know the answer but I just know you will all understand my
asking...

My family and I have a visa application in with the intention of permanently
relocating from the UK to Australia. (Just think of those orchids in a
Queensland climate!!)

My problem: -

I have a modest (really, honest!) collection of Ochids. Nothing special,
just your average shop bought hybrids etc. Thing is I know every shoot ,
every last flower, every division they have had. They are old friends. I
just know I will have to part with them all and start over. Anyone please -
able to offer any different info. Phyto cleaning, shipping, and
certification perhaps?

Cheers

Wing

Old 09-11-2003, 03:02 PM
TRAINMAN9

I think I already know the answer but I just know you will all understand my
asking...

The last time I heard Australia would only allow orchids in flasks to be
imported to the country. Maybe things have changed. You should check with their
department of agriculture and their customs department.