Old 24-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Registered User

Location: florida, usa
Default bulb. masdevalliaceum

hi there everyone,
does anybody know about the behavior of bulb. masdevalliaceum. i just bought one today, and now it has closed up but doesnt appear to be wilting. does it close up at night or during cold weather? i would hate to think that i am already doing something wrong?
Old 24-11-2003, 04:12 AM
Dewitt

--
agnatha3141

What do you mean by "closed up"? Certainly the foliage shouldn't close
up and I rather doubt the flowers do either. Regarding cold weather,
bulbos are warm growing and shouldn't be subjected to temps under
about 60F.

deg
Old 24-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Eric Hunt

Hi,

I don't have any experience with this species directly, but there are a lot
of Bulb. species that only open up fully at certain times of the day,
usually in the morning.

Bulb. pardolatum is one:

http://www.erichunt.com/images/orchids/OM/IMG0120.jpg

I can never get a photo of this species fully open because by the time I get
to the OrchidMania greenhouse on Sundays, it's about 11am and the darn thing
has closed up like that again.

Good luck!

-Eric in SF

s.com...

Old 24-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Registered User

Location: florida, usa

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Hunt
Hi,

I don't have any experience with this species directly, but there are a lot
of Bulb. species that only open up fully at certain times of the day,
usually in the morning.

Bulb. pardolatum is one:

http://www.erichunt.com/images/orchids/OM/IMG0120.jpg

I can never get a photo of this species fully open because by the time I get
to the OrchidMania greenhouse on Sundays, it's about 11am and the darn thing
has closed up like that again.

Good luck!

Strangely enough, this bulbo opened up midday, and is now beginning to close up again. I suppose that it does this daily. Thanks for seconding this information. I had to be sure.