Old 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
Claude

Default What do you think of my choice!

Hello everyone!

Here are my choices for my chrismas gift to me from me:

1. Dtps. Kenneth Schulbert

2. Phal. Penang Girl (Venosa dark Bronze x violacea Brother)

3. Phal. Violacea sumatra

What do you think?

Claude

Old 04-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:12:14 -0500, "Claude"
wrote:

Hello everyone!

Here are my choices for my chrismas gift to me from me:

1. Dtps. Kenneth Schulbert

2. Phal. Penang Girl (Venosa dark Bronze x violacea Brother)

3. Phal. Violacea sumatra

What do you think?

Claude

You as receiver of these gifts are lucky to have such a
knowledgable gift giver.G Nice collection. Have fun with your
new beauties.

SuE
Old 04-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Claude

Hi again!

I couldn`t hepl myself!

I added:

Phal. Fuscata
Phal. Orchid World `Carmela`am/aos

Claude

P.S: My god, that orchid sickness is very strong this year!

Old 04-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:29:32 -0500, "Claude"
wrote:

Hi again!

Claude

P.S: My god, that orchid sickness is very strong this year!

But the best "bug" to catch. It sure beats the flu that is
circling.
SuE
Old 04-01-2004, 11:05 PM
V_coerulea

I can respond to #1. Kenneth Schubert is NEVER out of bloom. Once it starts
a stem can continue for 2 years or more while another stem starts and yet
another. The blue is beautiful. For #3, there's a bad violacea? They're all
great. But if you can get your hands on a real blue, like those originally
from Orchidview, you'll be short some real change.
Gary

Old 05-01-2004, 01:03 AM
J Fortuna

This depends on one's conditions though and on the individual plant: the
only Phal that I have real trouble with is a phal violacea borneo (or phal
bellina), that I had gotten in low spike I think it was in May, bloomed only
for a week in August, and then flower blasted (or what ever you would call a
bud blast after the flowers open already).

The Kenneth Schubert that I have was in bloom for about 2 months (maybe a
bit less), and then wilted and the spike is yellow now. One possibility is
that it is still a young plant and will bloom longer in the years to come.
But it could also be that it was not satisfied enough with the conditions
(due to the leaf color, I suspect that it was used to much more light where
it came from before I got it). Also before I got the humidifier the humidity
here would sometimes be less than 30% -- most of my Phal hybrids did not
seem to mind, but I wondered whether the Kenneth Schubert and the violacea
might less tolerant of such variation from the optimal.

Compared to that all other Dtps and Phals that I got have bloomed much
longer. I am beginning to think that my conditions are a bit less suited to
phal violacea and its hybrids. I keep improving conditions though, so
hopefully it will be better next year. Got a new humidifier and the humidity
is now about 55% in my apartment, and even got to be above 60% after a
shower. :-)

Joanna

Old 05-01-2004, 06:12 AM
Reka

Claude, I think we should become partners in crime! ;-)
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Claude" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello everyone!

Here are my choices for my chrismas gift to me from me:

1. Dtps. Kenneth Schulbert

2. Phal. Penang Girl (Venosa dark Bronze x violacea Brother)

3. Phal. Violacea sumatra

What do you think?

Claude

---

Old 05-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Diana Kulaga

Claude,

I hope you mean that you bought 'em all! Just like a good orchid junkie, my
friend.

Diana