Old 13-01-2004, 02:45 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Catt mooreana

I received the plant today, a 4 p/b division with two new growths
starting. It arrived bare root from Texas. I've done online hunting for a
while now, in an attempt to find the conditions that it requires. I came up
with literally nothing! Any assistance and advice on how to take care of
this big bad boy would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you notice, there
is quite a lot of leaf damage, is this a reason for concern? I am posting a
photo of it on abpo.

Mariana

Old 17-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Steve

Hi Mariana.
Those leaves do look pretty bad. It seems to me that you have a back
division with really old leaves and pseudobulbs. There's nothing wrong
with that but I would expect the new growths to be no where near
blooming size. After the new growth makes some nice fresh roots, things
will get better. You'll probably loose at least the two older leaves as
the new growth progresses.
In my opinion, you have it planted a little deep. I would be concerned
about rot getting started in that tired old rhizome. If I had that
plant, I would take away a layer of bark to expose the top of the rhizome.

Steve

GrlIntrpted wrote:
I received the plant today, a 4 p/b division with two new growths
starting. It arrived bare root from Texas. I've done online hunting for a
while now, in an attempt to find the conditions that it requires. I came up
with literally nothing! Any assistance and advice on how to take care of
this big bad boy would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you notice, there
is quite a lot of leaf damage, is this a reason for concern? I am posting a
photo of it on abpo.

Mariana

Encyclia mooreana X 2 (1/1) Larry Dighera Orchids 0 24-12-2006 08:42 PM
lee moore Cattleya mooreana jamiemtl Orchids 5 25-11-2005 02:34 AM
Coelogyne Mooreana Francesco Orchids 5 21-01-2004 03:13 AM
Maxillaria mooreana baggins Orchids 1 13-01-2004 03:34 AM
Maxillaria mooreana baggins Orchids 0 12-01-2004 09:46 PM