Old 22-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Shell

Default Colm Help

I've noticed that one of the new growths on my Colm is turning brown and
yucky looking. The others are still looking good. Do I need to remove it
or should I just trat it and see what happens for a week or two?

Shell

Old 24-01-2004, 01:42 AM
V_coerulea

If it's soft, brown, yucky, cut back immediately to uninfected tissue and
spray immediately with something like Dithane or better yet, Physan. It may
or may not be erwinia (brown rot) which can become systemic and kill the
entire plant. Then treat the cut with sulfur or cinnamon. The next growth
back should break a dormant bud and cover nicely for you. Keep an eye on the
plant for a couple of weeks to make sure you've stopped the infection.
Another srpay wouldn't hurt to help insure success.
Gary
om...

Old 24-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Shell

It's not really soft exactly and there's no bulb that I can see. I am going
to take the growth off and treat the plant and hope for the best. there are
two other new growths on it. I think I will re-pot too since the roots are
trying to colonize the table top. Thanks for the help

Shell

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
Sounds like rot! Is it soft?

Diana

om...

Old 24-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Shell

Thanks for the help. I am going to treat it and re-pot since the roots are

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
If it's soft, brown, yucky, cut back immediately to uninfected tissue and
spray immediately with something like Dithane or better yet, Physan. It

may
or may not be erwinia (brown rot) which can become systemic and kill the
entire plant. Then treat the cut with sulfur or cinnamon. The next growth
back should break a dormant bud and cover nicely for you. Keep an eye on

the
plant for a couple of weeks to make sure you've stopped the infection.
Another srpay wouldn't hurt to help insure success.
Gary
"Shell" wrote in message
om...
I've noticed that one of the new growths on my Colm is turning brown and
yucky looking. The others are still looking good. Do I need to remove

it
or should I just trat it and see what happens for a week or two?

Shell

Colm Wildcat Doris V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 15-01-2008 10:05 PM
Colm Wildcat Rainbow V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 13-01-2008 12:11 PM
Colm Jungle Monarch 'Everglades' V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 12-04-2007 11:27 PM
Colm Help Shell Orchids 0 22-01-2004 11:14 PM
Colm Wildcat Jaguar Question Shell91 Orchids 4 25-09-2003 02:02 PM