Old 29-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Claude

Default Ray! About MSU fertilizer!

Hello all, and Ray!

I know Ray that you have been using the MSU fertiliser for a while now! What
do you think of it?
Is it true that you have to use pure water with it? And what is pure water?

Thanks

Claude

Old 29-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Ray

Claude, et al:

I have used it exclusively for about 9 months so far.

My plants are all responding very well, many blooming more reliably than
ever, and some that were essentially dormant for as much as two years have
sprung back into active growth.

The particular "pure water" formulation I am using is designed for
dissolving in distilled, deionized, reverse osmosis, or collected rainwater.
Folks whose water supply is glacial runoff are probably also OK. Others
should use the "well water" formulation which has reduced levels of calcium
and magnesium, as they're likely to be significantly present in your water
supply.

Technically, one should get a detailed water analysis and then have a custom
fertilizer formulated to end up with the mineral concentrations of the "pure
water' formula, but unless you want to buy a LOT of fertilizer, you're
probably better off with the well-water one.

A caveat on my experience: simultaneous with the switchover to this
fertilizer, I increased the concentration used from about 50 ppm nitrogen to
about 150, so I'm sure that played part of the role in my improvements.

s.com...

MSU fertilizer Joern Ploeger Orchids 6 19-02-2005 08:20 PM
MSU Fertilizer Article Ray Orchids 3 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
MSU Fertilizer Article Ray Orchids 1 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
MSU-type Fertilizer with Tap Water Matthew Donadio Orchids 8 27-02-2004 11:02 AM
MSU-type Fertilizer with Tap Water Matthew Donadio Orchids 0 26-02-2004 02:25 AM