Old 30-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Reka

Default Prices

Looking at a European site today:

Paph. adductum Euro 250 $315
Paph charlesworthii v. alba Euro 100 $125
Paph. druryi Euro 175 $220
Paph. sanderianum Euro 200 (young plants) $250
Paph. rothschildianum Euro 350 $440

Are these prices in line with the prices in the States, or are they
exaggerated? Most of the plants are blooming size, but onl one growth.
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---

Old 30-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Rob Halgren

Reka wrote:

Looking at a European site today:

Paph. adductum Euro 250 $315
Paph charlesworthii v. alba Euro 100 $125
Paph. druryi Euro 175 $220
Paph. sanderianum Euro 200 (young plants) $250
Paph. rothschildianum Euro 350 $440

Are these prices in line with the prices in the States, or are they
exaggerated? Most of the plants are blooming size, but onl one growth.

I probably don't shop strictly retail much, but those prices sound
very high. The only things that are particularly 'rare' are the
sanderianum (may not be a bad price depending on how big it is) and the
adductum (you just don't see it much). It would have to be a very well
bred adductum of considerable size for me to consider spending over 150 U.S.

Charlesworthii v. alba might be interesting. I still wouldn't pay
that much for it, but I might consider 75 U.S.

Rothschildianum can be had as a multiple growth plant (in bloom) for
under 300 U.S. if you know where to look (Try Orchid Inn, as a starting
point). Obviously high quality ones, or divisions of said plants,
command higher prices. Roth isn't particularly rare anymore, don't pay
a premium for it. Druryi is uncommon for some reason although I have
seen several vendors selling it in flask, but unless it is an awarded
division, I wouldn't pay more than 40 U.S. for one.

So, I have three druryi (blooming size), a half dozen B.S. roths,
innumerable roth seedlings, and one adductum. Perhaps I should quickly
run to Europe and cash out...

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Old 30-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Wendy

YIKES! They seem high to me Reka.
Maybe you could do better buying from overseas & even with shipping etc.,
it seems that it would be less costly?
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

:
: Paph. adductum Euro 250 $315
: Paph charlesworthii v. alba Euro 100 $125
: Paph. druryi Euro 175 $220
: Paph. sanderianum Euro 200 (young plants) $250
: Paph. rothschildianum Euro 350 $440
:
: Are these prices in line with the prices in the States, or are they
: exaggerated? Most of the plants are blooming size, but onl one growth.
: --
: Reka
:
: I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
: Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
: http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
:
:
:
:
:
: ---
:
:

Old 30-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Reka

"Wendy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
YIKES! They seem high to me Reka.
Maybe you could do better buying from overseas & even with shipping etc.,
it seems that it would be less costly?

Actually, I wasn't even considering buying. I was just looking at what they
had, and these prices struck me as exorbitant.
I wouldn't pay more than $30 for *any* Paph, but then I am not so fond of
them.

Old 30-01-2004, 08:03 PM
kenty ;-\)

Have any off you had a look at cyberplants.co.uk,Matt the owner now has
quite a varied selection ,he is selling sanderianum for £75-£125 you could
probably specify what size you want.He ships to EU countries,I think you
contact him for costs etc.give his site a look!
--
Thanks Keith

Old 30-01-2004, 08:11 PM
kenty ;-\)

"Reka" wrote in message
"Wendy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
YIKES! They seem high to me Reka.
Maybe you could do better buying from overseas & even with shipping

etc.,
it seems that it would be less costly?

Actually, I wasn't even considering buying. I was just looking at what

they
had, and these prices struck me as exorbitant.
I wouldn't pay more than $30 for *any* Paph, but then I am not so fond of
them.
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---

[IBC] Good book prices Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 17-10-2003 02:12 AM
Playstation 2, XBox, GameCube Incredible Prices!! [email protected] Lawns 0 02-04-2003 06:32 AM
lawn care prices. sp500 Lawns 2 29-03-2003 02:32 PM
Offers quality plants at great prices, come see what we mean! NickRiggi Lawns 0 14-01-2003 01:05 PM
AD: Beautiful Tiffany Lamps at Super Affordable Prices! Michelle Liao Lawns 1 14-12-2002 05:56 AM