Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2004, 06:04 AM
Maggie

Default Hi from Australia

Hi all .. today must be my lucky day ..I'm off work after having minor
surgery on my knee and was surfing ( as you do ) the net and one thing
led to another and I found this news group.
My names Maggie, I am addicted to orchids ..phew now its out in the
open I feel so much better.
I've spent the afternoon reading all your emails and it seems like a
nice place to visit, I've learnt a few things and now realise just how
lucky I am to live in a place where I don't need heating, misting or
any of the other stuff some of you seem to need.
My orchids grow in trees or a shade house all year round, I do fertilize
regularly and need to water a lots due to the heat.
Both my father and grandfather grew orchids .. mainly cymbidiums and
catt's after they died I inherited their collections well the cymbidiums
died ( it's rather humid and hot here) and the catt's struggled for a
few years till about 2 years ago I joined the orchid society and learnt
how to take care of them .. now they are growing madly and flowering as
well .. and of course I've purchased a few 100 more, just too keep them
company.

Well this was just meant to be a little hello and I've talked to much as
usual
Maggie