Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Frank

Default feeding schedule

Dear Experts,

I'm sometimes confused with books because different books say
different things. I have a 6" Cymbidium, 6" moth orchid, 5G camellia,
6" azalea and 1G gardenia. They all have lots of buds now. Since they
are all acid loving plants, I bought MicrocalGro acid plant food for
them. My plan is to feed them every other week after watering at
concentration of 1tsp/gallon.

But I was told that I should not feed orchid when it has buds. Have to
wait until the flowering finishes. I'm wondering if this is true and
if it is true to all the plants I mentioned above or only orchids.

Which is the most accurate book that I should follow? I'm in SF bay
area.

Thanks a lot,
Tiff