Old 23-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Tanya

Default hydroponic food -- phalaenopses

hello,
sorry -- too many questions
....but...
i've been underFeeding my phals (unintentionally) and would like to
start them on a hydroponic food (containing micronutrients and calcium,
magnesium etc)
it is 10-6-16
the label states "for hydroponic culture only" my phals live in sphagnum
moss only and i give them distilled water.
i assume the label warning is to avoid hypercalcemia etc (i.o.w. would
apply if they were getting regular (not distilled) water and / or were
in a mix containing nutrients?)
thanks in advance
p.s. the mixing rate is 1 teaspoon for 5 liters for housePlants -- (i
think this calculates to ~ 100 ppm N) is this advisable or (especially
since they are underfed) would a weaker concentration be better to start
with?
thanks!

Old 23-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Ray

Yep, that's about 100 ppm N. Nope, that's not too much to start out with.

I went from about 30 to 125-150 ppm and saw marvelous response!

Old 25-02-2004, 04:07 AM
Tanya

thank you for replying and for the info
sincerely
Tanya

Ray wrote:

Yep, that's about 100 ppm N. Nope, that's not too much to start out with.

I went from about 30 to 125-150 ppm and saw marvelous response!