Old 25-02-2004, 01:43 PM
J Fortuna

Default moldy smell of moss of Phal in bloom - help!

I just noticed this morning that my little phal equestris, potted in moss,
and currently in bloom has a strong moldy smell to it. I can see that at
least many of the roots have turned gray though a few still look healthy.
The leaves do not look any different. The blooms are slowly wilting one by
one but in the correct sequence and not perceptively faster than usual.

What should I do? Should I repot it immediately despite its being in bloom
and treat it with fungicide? Should all the roots that look gray be cut off
even if this does not leave all that many healthy ones. This is a very young
plant that was still a keiki less than a year ago. I have not bee
overwatering, it's not been standing in water, so I don't know how this
could have happened. Is this something that can wait till the weekend, or is
it a situation where every day counts? The moldy smell is pretty strong, I
think I may have half-noticed it before, but did not really register it and
take the mental leap of fungus in moss.

Thanks for your help,
Joanna

Fruit-flavored air-fresheners smell good. Ripe *actual* fruits smell bad. Radium Edible Gardening 9 30-07-2007 08:36 AM
Fruit-flavored air-fresheners smell good. Ripe *actual* fruits smell bad. Radium Plant Science 9 30-07-2007 08:36 AM
Moldy moss questions J Fortuna Orchids 6 09-08-2004 09:57 PM
moldy smell of moss of Phal in bloom - help! J Fortuna Orchids 4 26-02-2004 02:30 AM
moldy smell of moss of Phal in bloom - help! J Fortuna Orchids 0 25-02-2004 01:38 PM