Old 27-02-2004, 05:02 AM
RPM1

Default New plants today! Question...

A box was waiting for me in our barn when I got home
today. Lovely plants (Degarmoara & Catt). It is 32F here
at the moment and the plants, even tho packed with a heat
source, were =very= cold to the touch. Can I just set them
with the rest of my plants at 72 degrees or should they
'chill out' for a bit in our basement (60 degrees) before I
bring them up? TIA

Ruth CM

Old 27-02-2004, 11:36 AM
dusty

"RPM1" wrote in news:c1i5m1$1iqfav$1@ID-
203708.news.uni-berlin.de:

"Rob Halgren"
A bigger question is a) was your barn warmer than the outside air,

No, it's just a horse barn. I mean there was windbreak but it was
still 32 degrees no matter how you slice it and that was at the warmest
part of the day (2pm).

and b) what was your postman doing leaving live plants outside in
February?

I haven't had good experience with deliveries here. We have a
very long driveway straight up a hill. We keep it plowed but the
last delivery I had they literally threw it in a snowbank down at the
bottom of the hill. I just happened to be looking to the side as I
was driving up and I saw the letters "Fin..." I brushed away the
snow to reveal a white box, of all colors, and the words "Fine
Artwork - Handle With Care" which was printed all over the
buried box. Had I not been looking in that spot at the moment
it would have sat there until spring melt. There was no damage
to the artwork so I let it slide.

The plants I'm watching closely. They seem to have suffered but
I won't know for sure for a few days. =I HOPE I'm wrong=

Ruth CM

Hummm. You must have the same FedX driver that I have. Mine tosses packages
and runs and doesn't even bother to ring the bell.
As an old orchid scavenger I have picked orchids out of the trash when
temps where below freezing and many have survived. Perhaps I'm just lucky
finding things at the right time. You should know with in a day or two by a
color change if yours were froze or not.

Wishing you luck
dusty