Old 24-03-2004, 03:26 AM
PhalGuy

Default Yikes!

Hi again!

After checking my other Phals, I found another one infested with mealy bugs!
Yikes! There was one the the petal of the flower!
The Phal had the same treatment !

A question, I notice the infested Phal were my new one! Can I do this
treatment as prevention when I repot into S/H culture?

Thanks

Claude

"PhalGuy" wrote in message
s.com...
| Thank you all!
|
| I repot the plant, spray it completely with alcohol and soap, soak the
Prime
| agra in water with javex and soap, désinfect the pot with javex, soap and
| sprayed it.
| After 15 minutes, I rinsed everything well under tap water and repot the
| plant. I also desinfect the label tag and the bamboo stick holding the
| flower stem.
|
| there were some old roots that I cut and spray as well.
|

| Thanks
|
| Claude
|
| "Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
| link.net...
| | Claude,
| |
| | Ditto Bob's advice, but I will add this: Repot, and spray the entire
| plant
| | with alcohol (soap added) before putting into the new medium. It's a
good
| | bet that you'll find the mealies in the pot as well, and even if you
can't
| | see any there are probably immature beasts in there. Sterilize the pot
| | before using again, and treat the plant again in 5-7 days, just to make
| sure
| | you get the leftovers. Keep a close eye on nearby plants.
| |
| | Diana
| |
| |

Old 24-03-2004, 05:57 AM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:21:37 GMT, "PhalGuy"
wrote:

Hi again!

After checking my other Phals, I found another one infested with mealy bugs!
Yikes! There was one the the petal of the flower!
The Phal had the same treatment !

A question, I notice the infested Phal were my new one! Can I do this
treatment as prevention when I repot into S/H culture?

Thanks

Claude

Claude -
That is probably the best time to do it. It will help you catch
the bugs you are importing on the new plants. G And you are
acquiring them quite rapidly, we have noted. Good Growing.
SuE

Old 24-03-2004, 06:13 AM
Susan Erickson

wrote:

Hi again!

After checking my other Phals, I found another one infested with mealy bugs!
Yikes! There was one the the petal of the flower!
The Phal had the same treatment !

A question, I notice the infested Phal were my new one! Can I do this
treatment as prevention when I repot into S/H culture?

Thanks

Claude

Claude -
That is probably the best time to do it. It will help you catch
the bugs you are importing on the new plants. G And you are
acquiring them quite rapidly, we have noted. Good Growing.
SuE

Yikes !!! (Leeches) (Kathy Bette E Ponds 0 16-07-2004 05:02 AM
uh, *gulp* I only wanted aquarium advice, woo..yikes! Wrong place? Lopaka Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 21-04-2004 12:04 PM
Yikes! PhalGuy Orchids 0 24-03-2004 03:26 AM
Yikes! PhalGuy Orchids 0 24-03-2004 02:34 AM
Yikes! Corn Flea Beetles Phaedrine Stonebridge Edible Gardening 6 07-08-2003 09:02 PM