Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Dada

Default Dendrobium unicum

I obtained a flask of baby D. unicums recently and them seem ready to come
out into the"real" world. Now, i read that this species can be either
mounted or grown in well drained water retaining media.

I would like some advice on what is best for this species, or is it equally
happy in either situation?

Thanks all

Dada

Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Weeble

Personally mine is now in lava rock and is cheerfully putting out all sorts
of growth after loosing its leaves, which I read it does at about 1 year
old. It had been in regular fir bark medium. It even has 2 buds getting
ready to open. I don't water it too much either.

Shell

s.com...

Old 08-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Gene Schurg

Dada,

Mine was tied to a chunk of wood. It's blooming now. Dry in the winter,
more water when actively growing.

Interesting vibrant orange flowers!

Gene

s.com...

Old 08-04-2004, 02:35 PM
TRAINMAN9

Dada,

Mine was tied to a chunk of wood. It's blooming now. Dry in the winter,
more water when actively growing.

Interesting vibrant orange flowers!

They also smell like tangerines. We brought these in by the hundreds in the
early 80's. We would order 10 and get 100. I don't think they could count very
well.

Old 08-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Dada

I guess I'll keep half of mine in pots and the other half tied to wood...I
have more than enough anyway!!!!..... lets see what happens!!!

Dada

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
k.net...
Dada,

Mine was tied to a chunk of wood. It's blooming now. Dry in the winter,
more water when actively growing.

Interesting vibrant orange flowers!

Gene

"Dada" wrote in message
s.com...
I obtained a flask of baby D. unicums recently and them seem ready to

come
out into the"real" world. Now, i read that this species can be either
mounted or grown in well drained water retaining media.

I would like some advice on what is best for this species, or is it

equally
happy in either situation?

Thanks all

Dada

Dendrobium Judith - Dendrobium Judith-a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 1 11-03-2013 01:42 PM
Dendrobium monophyllum - cute small yellow dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 3 03-01-2007 08:59 AM
Dendrobium johannis - lovely rich brown antelope dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 02-01-2007 06:26 AM
Dendrobium unicum Dada Orchids 0 06-04-2004 09:17 PM
What is a Dendrobium? Andrew Orchids 18 14-02-2003 03:39 AM