Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
RPM1

Default Gave away a greenhouse & orchids dying?

"Diana Kulaga"
If you are growing inside, you can creep up on the spare bedroom! A
humidifier in the dining room will make up for never having another formal
meal in this life time! Glorious orchids! Orchids everywhere!
It's.........La La Land!

For the longest time I've had a vacant greenhouse at work.
We had been paying for years to heat and maintain it but
we never really did anything with it. Finally, someone came
along and asked if they could use it. I figured sure, why not,
we're not doing anything with it. Now, it's stuffed FULL of
assorted burros tails and jade plants. The greenhouse is a
pretty good size - prolly 20' x 40' with all the mod cons.
sigh The spider plants sure love it. :-\

Congrats on your new acquisitions. VBG

Thanks!

The guy at the nursery (not the owner) said that all orchids
bloom only once a year so he tried to talk me out of the full
bloom Brsdm.

I dunno. I bought my first orchid (Phal) the week before Christmas
in full bloom. It's been repotted and it's growing new leaves
like mad and throwing up another spike. I told the nursery guy
about it and he said that it's dying. Pfft! He should see the
roots on this thing. Do dying orchids grow leaves, flowers and
roots? To me, that's the distinct definition of NOT dying.

Ruth CM