Old 13-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Monica Nordskog

Default Help!

I bought a lovely orchid today, but I have no idea of what it is called? The
woman in the flowershop didn't know either. Where can I post a picture?

Monica

Old 13-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Mick Fournier

Monica,

Go to:
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

And thanks for asking first.

Mick

Old 13-04-2004, 10:05 PM
J Fortuna

Monica,

If you do not have access to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids (many people do
not), and if you have access to a Web site where you could post the photo,
you can put a link to the Web site in a message here.

Best,
Joanna

.. .

Old 13-04-2004, 10:35 PM
J Fortuna

If you do not have a Web site, and just want to post the picture somewhere
temporarily, this list of free image hosting sites seems worthwhile:
http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-im...ing.php?sort=2 -- you can just
place an image there temporarily and you get a link to this image (for
example: http://www.zippyimages.com/files/546...asal_keiki.jpg )

Hope this helps.

Best,
Joanna

Old 14-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Joe C (free agent acct)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:45:24 GMT, "Monica Nordskog"
wrote:

I bought a lovely orchid today, but I have no idea of what it is called? The
woman in the flowershop didn't know either. Where can I post a picture?

Monica

Email the photo to me at and I will show to my
expert wife. does the plant have a tag on it that identifies it? If
not, email the photo.

Joe

Old 14-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Monica Nordskog

Hello!
Thank you very much, Joanna for telling me alternatives to post a picture!
My link is: http://www.zippyimages.com/7036.html
The picture isn't any good, but this is the remaining flower, I got the
flower very cheap because they were out of bloom!
Monica

"J Fortuna" skrev i melding

Old 14-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Ray

Looks like an alba phaius of some sort.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 14-04-2004, 03:04 PM
J Fortuna

For more pictures of alba Phaius (Does indeed look like a match, doesn't it?
Yay, Ray)
http://images.google.com/images?q=alba+phaius

Here is one of the Phaius culture sheets that I found, but if you search for
Phaius culture you can find mo
http://www.clanorchids.com/culture/phaicult.htm

Best,
Joanna

"Ray" wrote in message
Looks like an alba phaius of some sort.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 16-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Kenni Judd

Others could probably help you better, since we don't do much with
terrestrials, but until someone else comes forward:

Keep the plant shady. If what it's potted in is really rank (smelly,
turning to mud), repot into a very light, well-draining "house-plant"
potting mix [not potting "soil" altho they usually contain some]. When we
have these, we generally mix, 50/50, one of the readily available "potting
mixes" for house plants with orchid seedling mix, and have pretty good
success. Bone-dry is bad, but soggy is worse -- aim for keeping it a little
moist, but if you are not sure whether to water, wait another day or two.

Hope this will get you through,
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

..

Old 26-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Joe

Send it to me and I will show my wife who is fairly knowledgeable on
orchids (she has 220 or so). she may be able to identify it.

Going forward, always get the white tab that identifies the plant when
you buy an orchid. Is this your first orchid?

Joe

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM