Old 02-05-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Orchids for Mom

My Mom passed on today. I bought an orchid out of bloom from Lowes a
couple of years ago because the name reminded me of her. The last
bloom I was able to give my Mom was from Phal Sun X Sogo Bingo, the
impulse purchase with the cute name.

I told Mom I bought it because it reminded me of her. Because one of
her favorite activities was playing Bingo. Little did I know at the
time, it would be the orchid to produce the last bloom I would be able
to give to her.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:07 AM
K Barrett

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know this won't make it easier for you,
but I bought my first orchid on Mother's Day, the year after my
mother-in-law passed away. I was very close to her and she was rather like
the mother I never had. Anyway, I was in a nursery going about my other
business and an orchid caught my eye and I was reminded of Dolores. I
bought it and brought it home, never telling anyone about the reason for the
purchase. It rewarded me with several years of great blooms before
ultimately dying from old age. This plant started me down the orchid road
and I have never looked back. My orchid friends tell me similar tales of
first plants that have ultimately had their blooms incorporated into bridal
bouquets and of collections that provide flowers for coffin drapes.
Treasure your plant, think of your Mom every day, and be happy when it
reblooms for you.

K Barrett

wrote in message
om...
My Mom passed on today. I bought an orchid out of bloom from Lowes a
couple of years ago because the name reminded me of her. The last
bloom I was able to give my Mom was from Phal Sun X Sogo Bingo, the
impulse purchase with the cute name.

I told Mom I bought it because it reminded me of her. Because one of
her favorite activities was playing Bingo. Little did I know at the
time, it would be the orchid to produce the last bloom I would be able
to give to her.

What's eating Mom's tomatoes?? FERRANTE Gardening 9 09-08-2003 11:32 AM
To: Mom From: The Kids skooch Ponds 1 23-07-2003 01:02 PM
question about mom's Java Fern turning black SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 18-07-2003 10:13 AM
question about mom's Java Fern turning black SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 19-05-2003 03:32 PM
question about mom's Java Fern turning black SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 19-05-2003 03:44 AM