Old 12-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Eric Hunt

Default New page format up on my Species Photos page - comments solicited

Hi all,

I am starting a long-term project to get all of my species photographs into
a easily manageable database. *Long* term.

In the interim, I've devised a page format that has thumbnails on it -
hopefully this will inspire people in a way better than just seeing a list
of species names that you must first click on to see a photo. I am trying to
make the site interesting for people just browsing as well as for people who
are trying to find a photo of a specific species.

Here's the first page I've created, for species starting with the letter D:

http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...es/d/index.htm

This is not a complete list of all the species I have photographed, but does
contain all new species photographed since the last time the text-based 'D'
page was updated, so there are lots of new things on it.

And yes, I know this page is a pain for those on dialup. I might increase
the compression on the thumbnails or make them a bit smaller, but we're
steadily moving to a high-bandwidth world, so I don't want to make those
compromises now and then have to change them again in 2-3 years when the
percentage of broadband users has jumped another 20%

Please send constructive comments and as always.....

Enjoy!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 13-05-2004, 03:06 AM
John Mallery

I like your new format - everything worked well. Links were nearly
instantaneous. Pictures are truly awesome. I am on a broadband connection
(Roadrunner) and had no problems. Looks good. Good luck with moving all of
your images to this format.

John