Old 19-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Dave

Default Coelogyne lawrenceana

I just purchased a Coelogyne lawrenceana, it is warm growing and I live in
Florida. I would like to know what medium to plant it in. Please help me.

Old 20-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Ray

FWIW, I have them in S/H.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
.. .

Old 20-05-2004, 05:13 PM
K Barrett

What do you have your other plants in? My advice would be to put it in the
same medium. Makes watering easier. These, IMHO, aren't picky about medium
or pots. I have mine in cattleya mix in plastic pots or in cattleya mix in
teak baskets, for no other reason than I thought it looked pretty at the
time.

K Barrett

.. .

Old 20-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Eric Hunt

Dave,

We grow ours at OrchidMania in fine bark mix (6 parts fine bark, 1 part
small perlite, 1 part small charcoal) in a basket in our warm house and it
doubled in size this year and produced 5 double-flowered inflorescences.

The inflorescences take almost 6 months to mature and open once you first
see the little inflorescence peeking up from inside the new growth. The
immature inflorescence is VERY prone to rotting if even the tiniest bit of
water stays inside the cup of the new growth.

It's an easy plant to grow if you don't rot the inflorescences and it's a
heavenly sight to see and smell when in bloom. Good luck!

-Eric in SF
www.orchids.org
www.orchidphotos.org

.. .

Old 22-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Dave

Thank you all for your suggestions, I have a better idea of what to do now.
.. .

Old 22-05-2004, 06:03 PM
K Barrett

Thank you fore coming back and saying thank you. Many times I/we put these
suggestions out there and no one comes back and says what, if anything, they
found to be of help.

So I'm glad you have an idea of a course of action.

K Barrett

"Dave" wrote in message
Thank you all for your suggestions, I have a better idea of what to do

now.
"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
I just purchased a Coelogyne lawrenceana, it is warm growing and I live

in
Florida. I would like to know what medium to plant it in. Please help

me.

Coelogyne Jannine Banks 'Snow White' - stately, elegant pendant coelogyne primary hybrid Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 21-01-2007 04:27 PM
Coelogyne Mooreana Francesco Orchids 5 21-01-2004 03:13 AM
Problem with Coelogyne pandurata TRAINMAN9 Orchids 1 27-04-2003 11:20 PM
Coelogyne cristata leaf blight Robert Dickow Orchids 1 25-02-2003 03:28 AM
coelogyne cristata var. lemoniana molly malone Orchids 2 29-01-2003 02:44 PM