Old 20-05-2004, 03:03 AM
chitowngirl

Default HELP with Paph

Hello,

I purchased this Paph in March at the SFOS in Miami, it already had a
bruised spot on the leaf but took a chance as I got a great deal. Well the
damaged leaf has turned yellow and the bruised spot has gotten bigger, I
figured I would lose that leaf anyway. But the other leaf is also turning a
yellow color with brown closer to the stem.

It now lives in a bright west window in Michigan, it gets very little to no
direct sunlight as a shade is pulled when the sunlight is direct about two
hours. It also is not subject to drafts. In fact it shares a table with
another Paph (larger and doing great) a Cat a Phal and a Phrag they all seem
to do good and have new growth.

I water twice a week, the water has Schultz 19-31-17 Orchid food mixed in.
The medium seems to be Vermiculite and small bark chips with little white
pieces of foam.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Old 20-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Claude

Hello!

I`m not a Paph expert but my guess will be too much water and fertilizer!

You can go once a month or every other week with the fertilizer ( very
diluted ! If the recipe on the bottle says 1 teaspoon per gallon, cut that
by 4, 1/4 teaspoon per gallon ).
Try to cut down on the water!

Claude

Old 20-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Ray

Sorry Claude, but I must disagree based upon the evidence submitted - Gary has another paph growing
under the same feeding and watering regimen which is fine (I feed my paphs at every watering ,
too...)

I cannot claim to be a paph pro either, but if I see such reactions in mine, I unpot to check the
root condition, removing any damaged areas and the damaged leaves altogether, and repot into fresh
medium, paying close attention to warm and evenly moist conditions after doing so.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 23-05-2004, 07:20 AM
theoneflasehaddock

Subject: HELP with Paph
From: "chitowngirl"
Date: 5/19/2004 8:19 PM Central Daylight Time
[...]

I would lower the amount of sunlight, stop fertilizing, keep damp, and keep the
temperature from becoming either extremely hot or cold. Expect it to die, but
don't count it out just yet. It's not dead enough to toss... but it's not
likely enough to live really be worth much special attention. At least it isn't
anything contagious to the other plants.

-

theoneflasehaddock

Paph. Psyche x Paph Macabre Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchid Photos 2 20-05-2008 09:27 PM
Paph Margaret Crandall(Paph Vanguard 'Knob Creek' X moquetteanum) v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 23-04-2008 11:32 PM
Paph kolopakingii x Paph praestans Gene Schurg Orchids 4 12-05-2005 02:24 PM
Pl help ID paph TU Orchids 3 29-05-2003 05:22 AM
paph help please molli Orchids 2 22-02-2003 03:27 PM