Old 15-08-2004, 01:12 AM
K Barrett

Default Power Point question

I created a power point presentation on my home computer. I transferred the
file to my laptop (just to be sure I could) via a memory stick. Now I can't
alter/edit the presentation on my home computer. But I *can* edit the
presentation on my laptop.

What's up with that? Is that the way its supposed to happen? Once a
presentation is copied, never can you alter it?

In this case its a good thing. I can have the 2 computers open side by side
so I can research and edit at will. But sheesh. If I didn't have the 2nd
computer ( like if I copied the file to a friend's computer and later she
wanted me to edit the original) I'd be screwed.

I can open each existing slide. I can open each existing text box. But I
can't put any new keystrokes into that box. Nor can I add pics or anything
else onto a slide. IIRC I can move slides around, but I can't add new
slides.

Any help? Any webpage tutorials on powerpoint?

I hate microsoft. If I was smarter/younger I'd go linux.

K Barrett