Old 27-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Gary DeWitt

Default ingrown bud

I have a milt going on its first bloom since purchase, unfortunately
by the time I noticed it was trying to bloom, the stalk had aparantly
become stuck within the leaf it was exiting. The stalk zig-zagged and
turned back on itself as a result. The first flower was allready about
to open (2-3days off)at this point! Having had disastrous results
handling small spikes on other plants in the past, I was reluctant to
fool around with this one. In desperation, I trimmed off the leaf it
was stuck in, just below the lowest bud on the spike.

Was this the correct action? Is there anything else I could have done?

When I purchased this plant, it only had one flower on it. This year,
it has two. I can only assume the growing conditions are correct, and
only 1 or 2 flowers are normal for this plant?

Thanks for your help, any tips would be much apreciated.

Gary

Email does not work, old dead account (to avoid spam)

ingrown bud Gary DeWitt Orchids 7 04-09-2004 05:50 PM
bud blast? J Fortuna Orchids 3 01-12-2003 01:22 PM
first bud dave weil Roses 17 02-04-2003 05:08 PM
Can I bud/graft cherry onto plum rootstock? Joe Jamies Gardening 4 06-03-2003 05:27 PM
impatien ,bud like thing********************************************* gort United Kingdom 2 30-09-2002 10:15 AM