Old 25-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Ray

Yeah, but it's not "jet black" and 8" across!

..
"TRAINMAN9" wrote in message
2) There are no jet black orchids, species or hybrids. Very dark
purple,

That's right but Coelogyne pandurata has been referred to as the black
orchid
because of the very dark purple features of the flower.

Old 26-09-2004, 09:30 AM
John Carruthers

Yeah, but it's not "jet black" and 8" across!

Now I am a complete novice, and was rather sceptical myself, the slide
had not been tweaked for colour and the hand in the frame was about
the right scale. These were not native to Madeira though, just an
oddity our member spotted in passing. Being a prize veg grower he
wasn't particularly interested in orchidacea (slob) and didn't note
the tag.
jc

--
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/jc_atm/

---

Dying black bamboo ramyad Bamboo 4 27-04-2009 10:13 PM
Black, Black-Eyed Susans HA HA Budys Here Gardening 0 27-07-2004 05:27 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspp Unique Too Roses 7 16-05-2003 04:08 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspppOOOTTTSSSS!!!!!! Roger Roses 6 12-05-2003 10:56 PM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk Radika Kesavan Roses 0 11-05-2003 04:44 PM