Old 09-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Drbob92031

Default TMI=Too Much Information

I am new to this newsgroup and orchids. In reading the posts my mind is in a
whirl with all the contradictions of "do's" and "dont's". All I know is that
orchid growing is like Psoriasis. IE: once acquired it is impossable to cure,
controll yes but cure no.
drbob
Old 09-11-2004, 03:46 PM
wendy7

Good morning Dr.Bob & welcome.
Yes, the cure would be priceless!
The reason for the contradictions you see is mainly due to the fact
that, so many people, grow so many different types of orchids, in
various areas. ie.... greenhouses, windowsills, inside under lights
and outside.
So the trick is to find someone that grows in your area & also
join an orchid society.
For the most part we have a lot of experienced growers but in
the end you have to do what works best for your plants & the way
they grow.
As for the Psoriasis, see Rob's Rules *G*
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 09-11-2004, 07:46 PM
ARIET B

drbob- we have ALL been there, done that! We all understand that very
upsetting and confusing state of mind...but have overcome it. Knowledge, trial
and error, and all the kind folks in the world will help. Hang in there! It
won't lead to skin cancer....
Elinor