Old 16-11-2004, 01:41 AM
diane

how large are the flowers? and mature plant size?
--
Diane

"Claude" wrote in message
I do have a Phal mannii ! It`s in bloom. Wonderful star shape waxy flower,
chartreuse color with mahogany stripe. Nice fragrance around noon! I love
it!

Claude

"diane" wrote in message
| I put my order in for a bellina, schilleriana and Phal Violacea Sweet
| Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS. These phals are more expensive it seems, so I got
the
| seedlings- something to look forward to & easier to bring home. I'm just
| glad I saw the article on hanging phals....I'm out of windowsill space.
|
| they had the phal mannii in stock but I didn't care for the flower
shape.
| Does anyone here own one of these?
|
| --
| Diane
|

| "diane" wrote in message
| Thanks- good link. I've been looking around at
| http://www.oakhillgardens.com/
|
| The Orchid Magazine had a very nice article on them last month
|
| Also have a Ebay bid out for a Phal Violacea Sweet
Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS

Old 16-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Claude

This plant comes from India or Vietnam.
The flowers are about 1 to 2 inches.. The waxy star-shaped blossoms have
yellow to bronze sepals and petals and the petals are often marked with
reddish blotches. The lip is white and purple.

"diane" wrote in message
| how large are the flowers? and mature plant size?
| --
| Diane
|

| "Claude" wrote in message
| I do have a Phal mannii ! It`s in bloom. Wonderful star shape waxy
flower,
| chartreuse color with mahogany stripe. Nice fragrance around noon! I
love
| it!
|
| Claude
|
| "diane" wrote in message
| | I put my order in for a bellina, schilleriana and Phal Violacea Sweet
| | Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS. These phals are more expensive it seems, so I
got
| the
| | seedlings- something to look forward to & easier to bring home. I'm
just
| | glad I saw the article on hanging phals....I'm out of windowsill
space.
| |
| | they had the phal mannii in stock but I didn't care for the flower
| shape.
| | Does anyone here own one of these?
| |
| | --
| | Diane
| |
| |
| |
| | "diane" wrote in message
| | Thanks- good link. I've been looking around at
| | http://www.oakhillgardens.com/
| |
| | The Orchid Magazine had a very nice article on them last month
| |
| | Also have a Ebay bid out for a Phal Violacea Sweet
| Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS
| |
| | I kind of hope I lose so I can keep looking-
| |
| |
| | Diane
| |
| |
| |
| | "Xi Wang" wrote in message
| | Hi,
| |
| | Check out the following URL for a list of some nice fragrant phals.
| | http://bigleaforchids.com/catalog/de...hp?cPath=22_32
| |
| | Cheers,
| | Xi
| |

Old 16-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Claude

"diane" wrote in message
| how large are the flowers? and mature plant size?
| --
| Diane
|

| "Claude" wrote in message
| I do have a Phal mannii ! It`s in bloom. Wonderful star shape waxy
flower,
| chartreuse color with mahogany stripe. Nice fragrance around noon! I
love
| it!
|
| Claude
|
| "diane" wrote in message
| | I put my order in for a bellina, schilleriana and Phal Violacea Sweet
| | Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS. These phals are more expensive it seems, so I
got
| the
| | seedlings- something to look forward to & easier to bring home. I'm
just
| | glad I saw the article on hanging phals....I'm out of windowsill
space.
| |
| | they had the phal mannii in stock but I didn't care for the flower
| shape.
| | Does anyone here own one of these?
| |
| | --
| | Diane
| |
| |
| |
| | "diane" wrote in message
| | Thanks- good link. I've been looking around at
| | http://www.oakhillgardens.com/
| |
| | The Orchid Magazine had a very nice article on them last month
| |
| | Also have a Ebay bid out for a Phal Violacea Sweet
| Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS
| |
| | I kind of hope I lose so I can keep looking-
| |
| |
| | Diane
| |
| |
| |
| | "Xi Wang" wrote in message
| | Hi,
| |
| | Check out the following URL for a list of some nice fragrant phals.
| | http://bigleaforchids.com/catalog/de...hp?cPath=22_32
| |
| | Cheers,
| | Xi
| |

Old 16-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Claude

"diane" wrote in message
| how large are the flowers? and mature plant size?
| --
| Diane
|

| "Claude" wrote in message
| I do have a Phal mannii ! It`s in bloom. Wonderful star shape waxy
flower,
| chartreuse color with mahogany stripe. Nice fragrance around noon! I
love
| it!
|
| Claude
|
| "diane" wrote in message
| | I put my order in for a bellina, schilleriana and Phal Violacea Sweet
| | Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS. These phals are more expensive it seems, so I
got
| the
| | seedlings- something to look forward to & easier to bring home. I'm
just
| | glad I saw the article on hanging phals....I'm out of windowsill
space.
| |
| | they had the phal mannii in stock but I didn't care for the flower
| shape.
| | Does anyone here own one of these?
| |
| | --
| | Diane
| |
| |
| |
| | "diane" wrote in message
| | Thanks- good link. I've been looking around at
| | http://www.oakhillgardens.com/
| |
| | The Orchid Magazine had a very nice article on them last month
| |
| | Also have a Ebay bid out for a Phal Violacea Sweet
| Memory'Bubbles'AM/AOS
| |
| | I kind of hope I lose so I can keep looking-
| |
| |
| | Diane
| |
| |
| |
| | "Xi Wang" wrote in message
| | Hi,
| |
| | Check out the following URL for a list of some nice fragrant phals.
| | http://bigleaforchids.com/catalog/de...hp?cPath=22_32
| |
| | Cheers,
| | Xi