Old 04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Gene Schurg

I was just thinking about that today. Since I don't get AQ or wildcatt I
don't know how old an award is.

I do remember that Charles E. is an older award....So I guess from your
response that a new FCC on roth is worth more than a 10 year old FCC. Makes
sense to me.

"TRAINMAN9" wrote in message
Yeah...Look at Paph rothchildianum.

An FCC awarded plant is outrageously expensive.

Gene

Some of the older clones like Charles E. are more reasonable but the newer

ones
are still pretty high. I wonder how much "Janet" or "Mt. Milas" go for?

Old 05-12-2004, 06:57 PM
TRAINMAN9

I do remember that Charles E. is an older award....So I guess from your
response that a new FCC on roth is worth more than a 10 year old FCC. Makes
sense to me.

Not necessarily. I would guess that part of it might be that there is just more
of it around or that better examples or breeders are available and command a
higher price. I remember when Winston Churchill clones were over $500 a growth
or Hellas in the $250-300 range. Now both can be had for $150 for the former
and $50-60 for the latter even though both are still regarded as good breeders.

Some plants never seem to lose their appeal or value such as Skip Bartlett
clones and Dusty Miller. They are still highly regarded and very expensive.

AOS awards Ray Orchids 3 19-03-2005 05:11 PM
AOS awards Xi Wang Orchids 0 18-03-2005 11:15 PM
RHS vs AOS Awards Gene Schurg Orchids 22 02-12-2004 06:06 PM
FS- AOS Awards Quarterly 1997-2003 Elpaninaro Orchids 0 09-08-2003 02:35 PM
F/S AOS Awards Quarterly ORCHIDS9 Orchids 0 17-04-2003 08:20 PM