Old 22-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Sarah

Default Advice needed on reblooming phals

Thanks to all who helped me with this! I think my problem is light, so I'll
look into changing things. In other news, my harlequin phal (P. Golden
Poeker "Nan Cho" AM/AOS x Dtps. Brother White Windian), which has no root
system to speak of, is spiking! It was closest to the light I had.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays to all!

Sarah

Old 22-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Ray

If the plant has essentially no roots, it is probably undergoing a
last-ditch effort to reproduce and save its genetic. If you want to keep
the plant, cut off the spike now so it doesn't waste its energy on that, and
take action to get it to grow new roots.

..

Old 23-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Sarah

Consider it done. I want to save the plant. Other than dusting with
rooting hormone, what can I do to encourage root development?

Sarah

.

Old 23-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Ray

Keep it warm, VERY humid (to prevent desiccation while it has no good way to
absorb water), and shady.

I'd suggest some variant of the old "sphag 'n' bag" technique.

..

Old 26-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Sarah

Will do. Thanks Ray!

Sarah

"Sarah" wrote in message
Thanks to all who helped me with this! I think my problem is light,

so
I'll
look into changing things. In other news, my harlequin phal (P.

Golden
Poeker "Nan Cho" AM/AOS x Dtps. Brother White Windian), which has no

root
system to speak of, is spiking! It was closest to the light I had.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays to all!

Sarah

Advice needed on reblooming phals. Sarah Orchids 12 17-12-2004 10:00 PM
Advice needed on reblooming phals. Sarah Orchids 0 14-12-2004 07:28 PM
apple reblooming Keith Michaels Plant Science 11 04-10-2004 02:25 AM
reblooming iris grapc Gardening 0 16-05-2003 02:44 AM
Reblooming Irises have not started to grow - are they dead? :( BillC Gardening 5 26-04-2003 09:20 PM