Old 26-01-2005, 04:17 AM
Ray

Default Weren't we crowing on the security of Firefox recently?

Read this:

http://www.winxpnews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=050125SE-Phishers

It never fails. Do someting good, and the hackers focus on it.

Old 26-01-2005, 04:52 AM
tennis maynard

Ray wrote:
Read this:

http://www.winxpnews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=050125SE-Phishers

It never fails. Do someting good, and the hackers focus on it.

I feel secure with Firefox on my iMac.
Old 26-01-2005, 06:10 AM
wendy7

So we have to be very careful clicking on url's & downloading from
links? I wonder if they will make a fix?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 26-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Al

That's a quote from Bill Gates. :-)

Old 27-01-2005, 02:28 PM
wendy7

Hi Ray, please ignore my previous dumb reply! *g*
Upon further reading I found there is also the same warning
for Int.Explorer.
From what I gathered re "Phishing", can happen by clicking on
an email url. It could take you to a bogus web page, which looks
authentic but isn't!
You then are asked for personal info to send & so this is
phishing?
Going to do more research now.