Old 30-01-2005, 11:17 AM
dusty

Default or reference if the AOL newsgroup demise info is true not fiction.

When I was on MSN they pretty much stopped supporting newsgroups. (MSN &
AOL seem to follow/copy each other.) None of MSN's tech help professed to
know anything about usergroups and emails to newsgroup support went
unanswered. I now have SBC but they don't support 10,863 of them saying
it's a proprietary thing. Free speech doesn't exist in the corporate world.

For the most part I use teranews, it has a one time set up fee of $3.95 to
get 50meg bits a day which is more than I use most times. No, I do not get
anything for recommending them. Also the free server does get flaky at
times but never more than a day or two.

http://www.teranews.com/

If your newsreader doesn't decode the newer compression files or makes you
jump through hoops to download a multi part files then you'll like Xnews

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty