Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2005, 02:22 PM
J Fortuna

Default seedling of phal schilleriana in danger of calling it quits

I got a seedling of a phal schilleriana in October, and at the time that I
got it, it had 3 leaves, now it's got only one leaf left. I am kind of
worried that it's going to call it quits. The leaves turned red when they
wilted and not yellow, I assume that this is due to the phal schilleriana's
foliage pigmentation being different. If this were your seedling, what would
you do to try to keep it alive? I assume that since it is a very young
plant, one that is not flowering size yet, it's more fragile and thus being
in the shape that it is in now, it's chances of survival are not good? The
only other orchid of mine that is barely hanging in there has actually
improved a bit (it grew new roots, and even though it's leaves are very dark
and wilted looking, they have not been going worse recently), so I think
that one might make it, but this one, I suspect that I shouldn't hold my
breath. Am I being too pessimistic about this?

Joanna