Old 08-03-2005, 09:04 PM
keith ;-\)

Default Dendrobium 'lin dai yu' x 'lee lilian'

Has anyone heard of this dendrobium,it is of the antelope type.
Any info appreciatted.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 09-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Reka

keith ;-) wrote:
Has anyone heard of this dendrobium,it is of the antelope type.
Any info appreciatted.

Hi, keith,

First of all, leave out the apostrophes. They are only used for clonal
names, not for grex names. Second, the second is registered as Lee Li
Lian. Third, no, I haven't heard of it and couldn't find anything on
the net. Sorry. :-(
Maybe one of our friends down under can tell you something.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 09-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Dave Gillingham

No idea what it would look like. FWIW, the following information came
from the RHS website
http://www.rhs.org.uk/research/regis...chidsearch.asp
(many thanks to whoever posted this info a year or so ago - it's been
tremendously useful to me!).

D. Lin Dai Yu = D. Siah Ko-Ko x D. lasianthera
D. Siah Ko-Ko = D. Ethel Kawamoto x D. Constance
D. Ethel Kawamoto = D. Shibata x D. discolor
D. Constance = D. discolor x D. lasianthera
D. Shibata = D. taurinum x D. tokai

D. Lee Li Lian = D. Maggie Yong x D. lasianthera
D. Maggie Yong = D. Siah Ko-Ko x D. Bacchus
D. Bacchus = D. taurinum x D. Pauline
D. Pauline = D. phalaenopsis x D. discolor

In D. Pauline, the "D. phalaenopsis" opens a can of worms. At one
stage D. phalaenopsis was the botanical name for the classical
Cooktown orchid now known as D. bigibbum var. superbum. But it was
also used for the very similar D. striaenopsis, found only on Larat in
the Tanimbar group of islands south-west of Irian Jaya. (D.
striaenopsis has also been known as D. phalaenopsis var schroederianum
& D. schroederianum.) The main difference between strieanopsis &
bigibbum superbum is the noticeably larger blooms on striaenopsis. So
D. Pauline is very similar to the natural hybrid D. x superbiens (D.
bigibbum superbum x D. discolor), but probably with larger blooms.

Old 09-03-2005, 11:34 PM
keith ;-\)

thanks for the info it has helped loads,I have posted a picture of it on
ABPO.This plant naming is interesting but sometimes confusing to find the
actual parents etc.
So it has D.Maggie Yong x d .lasianthera x D. Siah Ko-Ko in it somewere?

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

wrote:

Has anyone heard of this dendrobium,it is of the antelope type.
Any info appreciatted.

Dave Gillingham

----

Blc. Chia Lin - Blc. Chia Lin (Small).JPG [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 0 31-12-2008 09:26 PM
Dendrobium Rosalind Choon Lin Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 0 02-01-2008 04:49 AM
Blc. Chia Lin wendy7 Orchid Photos 7 18-11-2006 03:25 PM
Floating Clumps of Flourescent Green Algae - Lee zookeeper Ponds 0 14-06-2003 07:44 AM