Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Richard Cline

Default Long stem phal

My phalaenopsis stem had 11 blooms. Now is has added three buds at the
end of the stem. This will leave me with a 42-inch stem before the new
blooms. I would much rather have a stem with a manageable length.

Dick
Old 11-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Ray

You could always simply remove it. When the plant is ready, it will grow a
new inflorescence.

Keep in mind however, that inflorescence length can be genetically
determined, to some extent.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Lady Blacksword

Where are you, Richard? I might be closer than Jim, and I'll pay shipping.
Murri
"Jim Saitman" wrote in message
. com...
you could ship it to my house for a good long counsling session . oh maybe
5
years or so

Old 14-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Kenni Judd

For this stem, obviously, you've got what you've got. For future, try, very
cautiously, inching the plant into a bit more light. And/or when the first
flowers begin to fade, cut the spike below them [above the top "node"] and
hope for branching.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids