Old 02-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Ray

Default Help! Contacts, Please

I am supposed to speak at the SOOS meeting on May 1 and the Genesee Region
OS on the 2nd. Somehow (don't ask) I have managed to lose all
communications I had with folks on both societies.

Can anyone here help me out?

Old 02-04-2005, 07:43 PM
auntymo

hi ray. sorry to hear about the lost contacts.

if the soos you are referring to is the southern ontario orchid society, you
can find their website he http://www.soos.ca/.
the president's email is listed under the executive link.

i also know the person responsible for maintaining their website. let me
know if you need anything else. (sorry i can't help with the genesee OS
info).

--mo--

Old 02-04-2005, 07:46 PM
auntymo

oh wait. google has given me this:
http://www.geneseeorchid.org/
at least it's a start. it should be easy to find the apropriate people now
under the contacts page.

--mo--

Old 02-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Ray

Thanks, Mo. I find that most OS websites really aren't up-to-date. I was
hoping some of the members would chime in...

Old 02-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Bob Betts

Ray, you can contact Peter Poot at
I don't remember if Peter is the current president for SOOS but he is
the past president many times over and knows more about the society
than any other member there.
If he does not reply, contact Mario Farrusi at Mario Ferrusi
at
. Mario is the current president of the
Toronto Judging Centre and is also a member of SOOS.

We send our club newsletter to many societies including the Genessee
society. Phil Matt is a long time member and we send our newsletter
to him at
so far we have not had any
indication that the newsletter does not get delivered so the email
address should be good. If Phil cannot answer your questions about
their society, no one can.

--

Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids -
www.firstrays.com

Old 03-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Bob Betts

I know exactly what you mean. Mario grows some of the best.
Maybe that is why my wife and I bought 7 of them from him at out show
last week!! In person they are even better than the photos.

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:55:19 -0800, "K Barrett"
wrote:

I have seen Mario Ferrusi's Masdevallia awards in teh AQ, and have lusted
for more pictures of them on the Toronto Center webpage. Actually I ahve
lusted for more pictures on just about *any* center's webpages....
K Barrett

Old 04-04-2005, 04:09 AM
Bob Betts

That he is.... as well as a good speaker at club meetings and a very
pleasant house guest who usually brings a good bottle of wine.