Old 16-04-2005, 08:12 PM
angraecum_habit

Default Travel to England-Orchid Places to Visit?

Hi everyone,

Just got the 'green light' to have time off work in Aug. 2005 for a
trip to England. Kew Gardens is definitely on the list. Has anyone been
there recently? Please indulge me on what I can expect. And tell me if
there are any other orchid stops in England not to be missed. Both for
looking at plants, as well as book browsing, supplies, etc. I always
enjoy seeing these things.

We will probably be traveling to Scotland and Wales as well, so if
there are any places there, let me know!

Cheers,

Lori

Old 20-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Matthew Durkin

"angraecum_habit" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

Just got the 'green light' to have time off work in Aug. 2005 for a
trip to England. Kew Gardens is definitely on the list. Has anyone been
there recently? Please indulge me on what I can expect. And tell me if
there are any other orchid stops in England not to be missed. Both for
looking at plants, as well as book browsing, supplies, etc. I always
enjoy seeing these things.

We will probably be traveling to Scotland and Wales as well, so if
there are any places there, let me know!

Cheers,

Lori

Kew runs their orchid show only early in the year. There will be
considerably less to see in August (though they will still have some
orchids).
I shouldn't let this worry you. There is sooo much to see there. I just love
the place. I think the giant water lilly may be flowering in August, but the
leaves alone are not to be missed...
Check out their website.. www.kew.org