Old 19-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Cristof

Default Black jewel question

I have a beautiful black jewel that seems to be doing very well. It just
finished flowering, and has a main growth with two stalks (both with new
growth on them) and 2 new stalks away from the main plant.

My question is that one of the stalks attached to the main growth is
shriveling about 1cm of the stalk near the main growth. It's basically
just dangling now, and seems like it will fall off.

Does this mean it is trying to propagate, or am I doing something wrong?
If it's very happy and is just trying to replant itself someplace else,
what sort of medium should I use (the current stuff looks a lot like
Miracle Grow special aka regular dirt, which seems weird for an orchid).

Many thanks! Cristof

Black jewel question Cristof Orchids 7 04-07-2005 04:21 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspp Unique Too Roses 7 16-05-2003 04:08 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspppOOOTTTSSSS!!!!!! Roger Roses 6 12-05-2003 10:56 PM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk Radika Kesavan Roses 0 11-05-2003 04:44 PM
Jewel of the Rift video now on Kazaa 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 14-04-2003 05:56 PM