Old 01-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Bryan

Default MH Bulb question

Can anyone recommend a suitable 400 watt MH bulb for growing and blooming
orchids. I was thinkung of the Sunmaster 400 watt neutral deluxe. Apparently
a well balanced bulb.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Steve

Bryan wrote:
Can anyone recommend a suitable 400 watt MH bulb for growing and blooming
orchids. I was thinkung of the Sunmaster 400 watt neutral deluxe. Apparently
a well balanced bulb.

I've had real good luck with my 400 W Agrosun bulb. There is also an
Agrosun Gold bulb. I'm not sure what the difference is and I didn't find
the answer to that with a quick search on Google.
A little info on the original Agrosun he
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?iC=HLRBMH04AS
Information but not the best price. I've seen them cheaper elsewhere.

Steve
Old 02-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Bryan

Thanks Steve:

From the descripton it sounds identical to the Sunmaster bulb. Probably all
made by the same mgf and relabelled. How often do you change out your bulbs.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:56 PM
danny

I also use the Agrosun bulbs. I usually don't get around to changing them
yearly but that would be a good schedule. Definitely don't go two years.
The last time I changed them (at around 18 months?) one of the new bulbs was
bad and I had to leave the old bulb in one fixture for another week. It was
very apparent which fixture had the old bulb, there was a huge difference in
the amount of light.
-danny

"Bryan" wrote in message
Thanks Steve:

From the descripton it sounds identical to the Sunmaster bulb. Probably
all made by the same mgf and relabelled. How often do you change out your
bulbs.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:46 AM
Steve

Bryan wrote:
Thanks Steve:

From the descripton it sounds identical to the Sunmaster bulb. Probably all
made by the same mgf and relabelled. How often do you change out your bulbs.

Not often enough. I have my plants close enough that I feel they get
more light than they really need. Sometimes my first clue that I should
change the bulb is when it burns out.

Steve