Old 11-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Ben Tuinman

Default Paph question

Our Paph is doing very well thus far, with many blooms. However, we have
noticed that a couple of leaves have become yellow over time. They are
usually the ones at the very bottom. Does that indicate overwatering ? We
usually water once a week, and fertilize every two weeks. We would
appreciate some views. Thanks !

Old 11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Rob

Ben Tuinman wrote:
Our Paph is doing very well thus far, with many blooms. However, we have
noticed that a couple of leaves have become yellow over time. They are
usually the ones at the very bottom. Does that indicate overwatering ? We
usually water once a week, and fertilize every two weeks. We would
appreciate some views. Thanks !

That is probably normal. No leaves will last forever. Over the course
of a few years, you will eventually lose the entire fan. By then,
hopefully, your plant will have grown several new fans of leaves.

You will want to repot your paph on a fairly regular basis. I recommend
once a year. I don't always get a chance to practice what I preach,
though. At repotting time, you can assess the condition of the roots.
If you are overwatering, you won't have many.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Paph. Psyche x Paph Macabre Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchid Photos 2 20-05-2008 09:27 PM
Paph Margaret Crandall(Paph Vanguard 'Knob Creek' X moquetteanum) v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 23-04-2008 11:32 PM
Paph kolopakingii x Paph praestans Gene Schurg Orchids 4 12-05-2005 02:24 PM
paph question Bette Noir Orchids 8 14-11-2003 08:02 AM
paph question Bette Noir Orchids 0 13-11-2003 08:42 AM