Old 21-07-2005, 12:35 AM
HDC

Default ARRRGHGGHH! Darn Girlfriend

Ok - need some serious help please!

Girlfriend was over last night and for some reason, touch one of my phal's
leaves. And tonight I come home from work and the leaf is wilting and has a
yellow streak -exactly- where she touched.

1 - Is her touching the cause of this?

2 - What can be done other than sit back and cry?

Much appeciated any responses!

HDC
Old 21-07-2005, 01:38 AM
Ray

Answer to question one is "NO," unless she's a government agent who
routinely carries potent plant toxins on her fingertips.

Question 2 cannot be answered reliably without more information.

. 97.142...

Old 21-07-2005, 01:52 AM
Mick Fournier

HDC,

I never let a girlfriend touch phalaenopsis leaves unless she can recite
from memory the top 5 orchid genera at a split second's notice.

Number two, don't let that one touch your willy... just to be on the safe
side of course.

Mick
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

===================================

. 97.142...

Old 21-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Mick Fournier

Ray,

Thanks, I always appreciate a second opinion/reinforcement on RGO.

But, the more I look at HDC's letter the more I am wondering now if this
girl does indeed have the death juices (ie in her sweat) on her hands? HDC
should invite her back and ask her to touch another Phalaenopsis as a test.
This girl could be a potential WMD if accidentally released in a commercial
greenhouse. She may need to have her name put on the no-fly list... or the
no-touch list.

Ring...ring

"Hello"

"Honey... it's me HDC"

"Yes, pookie wookie"

"Could you come back over tonight? I have this Phalaenopsis gigantea I
would like you to touch."

"Ooooo, you big silly. All you men say it's a gigantea, but I have been
down that road before.... I know its gonna' be a compactum, but I will come
over anyway. I like your personality."

Click.

Mick

======================

"Ray" wrote in message
Mick - my wife echoed your second comment!

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
.. .
HDC,

I never let a girlfriend touch phalaenopsis leaves unless she can recite
from memory the top 5 orchid genera at a split second's notice.

Number two, don't let that one touch your willy... just to be on the

safe
side of course.

Mick
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask