Old 09-09-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Connecting math-equations to A,C,T,G coding in genome; making biology a mathematical science

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:

schreef

I do this by combining both large leaf with small leaf in open field
and seek a physics parameter of energy.
So I need to tie together the size of the mature plant to the leaf size
to predict whether the plant likes open field sunlight rather than
shade.

***
Surely there are better "parameters of energy" than "mature plant size"
PvR

Mature plant size is an important parameter.

But thinking today I was struck by a thought that there is a hidden
mathematics in equation form in the ACTG coding of the genome.

What I mean is that there is a math formula for the energy pathways in
a plant for small leaves and mature size as well as for the large
leafed plant and mature size. Suppose, just a guess, that it is some
trigonometry function that connects leaf size with mature plant size
and suppose it is secant function.

Now suppose we had the full genome of rhubarb and of knotweed before us
and all we see is the letter codes of A,C,T,G. But now, let us replace
those letters with digits and ask ourselves can we find a string of
those coding that is a secant function in mathematics.

So what I am getting at is a complete tie and connecting of mathematics
to biology genome and physics. So the physicist works out the energy
pathway of rhubarb plant of leaf size and mature plant size and finds
(for the sake of this argument) that the pathway of energy is a secant
function. Now the biologist jumps in and with a replacing of the
letters with numbers and looks for a string of those genomes that is a
secant function.

You see, I believe we can do better with the genome, instead of A,C,T,G
codes that there are numbers involved and as we assign each letter with
a number that patterns will be seen and hint of a mathematical
structure.

Perhaps the energy pathway is not a trig function but a exponential
function or some other function and suppose it is a rather rare
function. And would it not be exciting to replace the letters ACTG with
numbers and the rare function comes popping out of the genome for
rhubarb or knotweed.

The Genome project of A,C,T,G reminds me of past glory days of physics
when spectral lines were just coming onto the scene and how spectral
lines would transform physics and all the other sciences and
engineering and technology.
And I think the Genome project will make a huge impact on the world as
spectral line physics did in the 20th century. And that is a good
analogy of the spectral lines of the 20th century to the genome project
of the 21st where one was a window into the workings of physics and the
other is a window into how biology works.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old 21-09-2005, 07:03 PM
portre

can you explain meaning of rhubarb! i cant understand it!

Old 21-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Cereus-validus.......

A rhubarb is what Archie get into every time he makes his crazy postings
here!!!

"portre" wrote in message
ups.com...
can you explain meaning of rhubarb! i cant understand it!

Old 22-09-2005, 10:38 AM
portre

archie?! sorry i cant understand again! i am not an older member
in groups! so i cant understant easy! i need helps!

Old 22-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Philipp Pagel

In sci.bio.technology portre wrote:
archie?! sorry i cant understand again! i am not an older member
in groups! so i cant understant easy! i need helps!

He's a usenet celebrity - kind of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Plutonium

cu
Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel Tel. +49-89-3187-3675
Institute for Bioinformatics / MIPS Fax. +49-89-3187-3585

Old 22-09-2005, 12:54 PM
portre

thank you philipp! i looked your site i saw that you are a doctor
in german! may i ask you something? i want to learn quality of german
education about genetic especially plants! can you help me about this
topic?

Old 22-09-2005, 09:18 PM
portre

sorry i tried to send a massage to your adress but it failed!
my name is Bekir Erdogan i am a genetic student in turkey! i want to
study about plant and i want to do master but not in turkey! i want
to learn which universities take student from other country and which
universities have genetic science! especially i want to study in
german because there are more literature about genetic! how can i
communicate those universities? if you help me i will be very happy!
thank you for your help!

Old 24-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Sean Houtman

Philipp Pagel wrote in news:3pfddnFa3el8U1
@individual.net:

In sci.bio.technology portre wrote:
archie?! sorry i cant understand again! i am not an older

member
in groups! so i cant understant easy! i need helps!

He's a usenet celebrity - kind of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Plutonium

cu
Philipp

Archie is one of the giants of science, his feet are firmly on the
ground of scientific principles. He thinks in original ways, and is
brave enough to question his own thoughts by testing them, and
asking the opinions of others.

I feel that he was born about 400 years too late though. The rest of
us build our knowledge on the works of others, and he is busy with
discovering the basics on his own. Yet, if we are careful, we can
learn from him.

Sean

Old 30-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Otto Bahn

Sean Houtman" wrote in message news:1127536424.18208bb337858429a8de6abb4d9a21f9@t eranews...

archie?! sorry i cant understand again! i am not an older

member
in groups! so i cant understant easy! i need helps!

He's a usenet celebrity - kind of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_Plutonium

cu
Philipp

Archie is one of the giants of science, his feet are firmly on the
ground of scientific principles. He thinks in original ways, and is
brave enough to question his own thoughts by testing them, and
asking the opinions of others.

He doesn't "ask the opinions". That would be an Archie-ism.
He asks you to give an opinion.

I feel that he was born about 400 years too late though. The rest of
us build our knowledge on the works of others, and he is busy with
discovering the basics on his own. Yet, if we are careful, we can
learn from him.

If this is *the* Archimedes Plutonium, what you will learn
is that a lot of kooks post to the usenet. Boy, I go on
vacation, and old Archie has come and gone without me ever
knowing he had returned!

--oTTo--