Old 20-10-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Plant Id Please!

Found at BelMar Park in Lakewood Colorado! The Bees and Butterflies
seem very fond of it!:

http://wolfbat359.com/idplease.html

Old 22-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Sean Houtman

wrote in news:1129838530.433873.183540
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Found at BelMar Park in Lakewood Colorado! The Bees and Butterflies
seem very fond of it!:

http://wolfbat359.com/idplease.html

The easy part is the common name, Chamisa, or Rubber Rabbitbrush.

There is lots of fun going on with classification right now, I will
give you the current USDA name, which is Ericameria nauseosa. The
subspecies and variety depend on a couple of factors, this one is
probably ssp. nauseosa, could be ssp. consimilis though.

Sean

Old 22-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message 1129958857.5db39d3232e14c85c872c7006b59875c@teran ews, Sean
Houtman writes
wrote in news:1129838530.433873.183540
:

Found at BelMar Park in Lakewood Colorado! The Bees and Butterflies
seem very fond of it!:

http://wolfbat359.com/idplease.html

The easy part is the common name, Chamisa, or Rubber Rabbitbrush.

There is lots of fun going on with classification right now, I will
give you the current USDA name, which is Ericameria nauseosa. The
subspecies and variety depend on a couple of factors, this one is
probably ssp. nauseosa, could be ssp. consimilis though.

Sean

Roland P. Roberts' dissertation "Phylogeny of Ericameria, Chrysothamnus
and Related Genera (Asteraceae: Astereae) Based on Nuclear Ribosomal DNA
Sequence Data" (available online) has Ericameria nauseosa deep in the
Ericameria clade, so I guess that's where it's going to end up.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 22-10-2005, 02:06 PM

Sean Houtman wrote:
wrote in news:1129838530.433873.183540
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Found at BelMar Park in Lakewood Colorado! The Bees and Butterflies
seem very fond of it!:

http://wolfbat359.com/idplease.html

The easy part is the common name, Chamisa, or Rubber Rabbitbrush.

There is lots of fun going on with classification right now, I will
give you the current USDA name, which is Ericameria nauseosa. The
subspecies and variety depend on a couple of factors, this one is
probably ssp. nauseosa, could be ssp. consimilis though.

Sean

Thanks! I was afraid of that! Have tried to grow similar stuff they
called Rabbitbrush from commercial places! Probably not the same
plant; but have had no luck with it; and I like to attract the Bees and
Butter flies! Usually plant Cleome serrulata every year which does a
great job and is the last plant left in the garden blooming until the
first big frost! But this plant looks great also! I had not realized
till this year, but the Cleome serrulata seems to attract a lot of
moths at night! I assume they are moths as I did not think butterf;ies
were active at night; and the ones on the Cleome serrulata at night are
drab like a moth!