Old 11-06-2006, 09:18 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Singapore roadside tree ID needed

Any experts gone to singapore?

The tree in question leguminous to me although I haven't seen it in
bloom or fruiting. This is a small roadside tree (I think I saw most of
them on the road passing along Suntec City, and a few on Boat Quay. It
is simple pinnate-leafed. The leaflets are small ovate, with smooth
edges but mildly redundant so they appear slightly ruffled. I looked
for it in the singapore botanical gardens but could not find a single
specimen. Any ideas what it might be? I'm sorry I don't have a photo.

Thanks in advance,

Frankie