Old 31-07-2006, 03:52 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default plant identification

Hi

Can someone help me to identify this plant ?

http://cjoint.com/?hFleUIEsC7

Thanks

Patrick

Old 31-07-2006, 08:06 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

wrote:

Hi

Can someone help me to identify this plant ?

http://cjoint.com/?hFleUIEsC7
The leaves look very ash-like. Is the image on the left flower or
fruit? Where is the plant growing? Native or cultivated?

M. Reed.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:26 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
pat pat is offline

monique a écrit :

wrote:

Hi

Can someone help me to identify this plant ?

http://cjoint.com/?hFleUIEsC7
The leaves look very ash-like. Is the image on the left flower or
fruit? Where is the plant growing? Native or cultivated?

M. Reed.

Hi Monique,
Thanks for your answer.
I don't know realy if the image on the left is fruit or flower, for me
it doesn't look like a flower. In fact it is a small bag filed with
air or some kind of gas. It makes a funy moise when flattened out.
I spotted this tree , one sample only, in the south-west of france near
Bordeaux.

best regards

Patrick

Old 01-08-2006, 06:32 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

In message . com, pat
writes

monique a écrit :

wrote:

Hi

Can someone help me to identify this plant ?

http://cjoint.com/?hFleUIEsC7
The leaves look very ash-like. Is the image on the left flower or
fruit? Where is the plant growing? Native or cultivated?

M. Reed.

Hi Monique,
Thanks for your answer.
I don't know realy if the image on the left is fruit or flower, for me
it doesn't look like a flower. In fact it is a small bag filed with
air or some kind of gas. It makes a funy moise when flattened out.
I spotted this tree , one sample only, in the south-west of france near
Bordeaux.

best regards

Patrick

Didn't click at first, but my memory has crawled into action. Try
Staphylea (bladdernuts). Hillier's Manual says that Staphylea holocarpa
is the only tree among those it lists, the others being large shrubs,
but I've seen a couple of other species and would have called Staphylea
pinnata a small trees.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 02-08-2006, 08:21 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" schreef
Didn't click at first, but my memory has crawled into action. Try
Staphylea (bladdernuts). Hillier's Manual says that Staphylea holocarpa
is the only tree among those it lists, the others being large shrubs,
but I've seen a couple of other species and would have called Staphylea
pinnata a small trees.

***
My first impression is Staphylea pinnata, but I am unsure of what other
species in this genus might be found in the southwest of France.
PvR