Old 04-04-2007, 05:00 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Telegraph Vines?

Ok what is the truth about telegraph vines being able to detect damage
to similar spicies twenty miles away. Is this urban legend or has
there been research to prove this? If so it sound fascinating... I'd
love to read about it.. Anybody got a paper or a link to one?

TIA.
B.
Old 14-04-2007, 10:47 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

On Apr 3, 10:00 pm, "SpreadTooThin" wrote:
Ok what is the truth about telegraph vines being able to detect damage
to similar spicies twenty miles away. Is this urban legend or has
there been research to prove this? If so it sound fascinating... I'd
love to read about it.. Anybody got a paper or a link to one?

TIA.
B.

Yo?! Is there any one out there?

Old 15-04-2007, 05:29 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

In article .com,
SpreadTooThin wrote:
On Apr 3, 10:00 pm, "SpreadTooThin" wrote:
Ok what is the truth about telegraph vines being able to detect damage
to similar spicies twenty miles away. Is this urban legend or has
there been research to prove this? If so it sound fascinating... I'd
love to read about it.. Anybody got a paper or a link to one?

TIA.
B.

Yo?! Is there any one out there?

What's a telegraph vine?

Old 15-04-2007, 04:23 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Telegraph vine was mentioned in the 1951 science fiction movie "The
Thing from Another World."

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_s...ld-script.html

It does not seem to be real plant species.

Plants can communicate with other plants and nonplants with volatile
chemicals that move through the air.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&btnG=S earch

David R. Hershey

On Apr 14, 11:29 pm, wrote: