Old 10-06-2007, 10:39 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default solving strawberries and solving asparagus

Problem with strawberries is they are short and small and the weeds
easily overtake them. Unless one has oodles
of time in weeding, strawberries are not for them.

But I finally hit on the final solution. I have large pots. And I fill
them with rich topsoil and manure and I place them
in a row in a sunny part of the field. I do have time to weed these
pots and to control my strawberries. It is all
about control. With strawberries in the ground, I could never have
complete control over them since I do not
have oodles of time.

For Asparagus the yearly problem is them bending over and touching the
ground so that the mower gets
tangled and mows the asparagus and the fact of morning glory or bind
weed. Years past I put T post stakes
and wired the asparagus but that ties up alot of stakes. This year I
think I found the final solution. I place a
concrete block upright and have this old fence wire that I cut and
form a circle and then just bend the ends
So I have the asparagus upright and kept in place from the winds by
the block and fence wire wraparound.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium