Old 20-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Dicky

Default help!!!

Dear everyone,
I have a paphiopedilum called armeniacum. There are
three young runners. The small, bottom leaves became brown. Besides, the old
runner which had flower before became brown too. What is this?

--
---

If you love orchids, don't wait! Visit this website to get more advantages.
http://hk.geocities.com/dicky_paphiopedilum/

Old 20-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Iris Cohen

I have a Paphiopedilum armeniacum. There are three young runners. The small,
bottom leaves became brown. Besides, the old runner which had flower before
became brown too. What is this?

Paph. armeniacum is not the easiest species for beginners. Since its growth
habit resembles a strawberry, you might do better with it in a wide shallow pot
or even a basket. What type of potting medium are you using? The brown leaves
on the young runners indicate a problem at the roots. Your potting medium may
be too soggy. Check the roots. On the other hand, it is perfectly normal for
Paph. growths to die off after they bloom. Cut off the dead leaves with a
sterile razor blade, but don't remove the old stub until you are sure the newer
growths have their own roots.
If you have any further orchid questions, e-mail me direct.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 02-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Iris Cohen

You can also get tons of help and information from the American Orchid
Society, at www.orchidweb.org.

Maybe. Their culture sheets are full of errors. I offered to correct them, but
so far none of the corrections have been printed that I know of.
Now I know this sounds beyond arrogant, but I have been growing orchids under
fluorescent lights for almost 30 years, & the experts at AOS are only familiar
with growing orchids in greenhouses or in Florida.

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM