Old 16-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Gnarlodious

Default Is this the evil Tamarisk?

Is this the reviled Tamarisk as seen in Santa Fe , NM?:

http://internet.cybermesa.com/~bludevil/P6160002.JPG

Been trying to identify this Tamarisk for some time.

-- Rachel
http://www.Gnarlodious.com/Entities/...sHadriani.html

Old 16-06-2003, 08:20 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Looks like it
PvR

Gnarlodious schreef

Old 16-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Monique Reed

Sorting out the various species (T. gallica, ramosissima, etc.) really
requires looking at the flowers under a microscope. That said, they
all misbehave pretty much the same way in the SW U.S.

Monique Reed

Old 22-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Sean Houtman

From: Gnarlodious

Is this the reviled Tamarisk as seen in Santa Fe , NM?:

http://internet.cybermesa.com/~bludevil/P6160002.JPG

Been trying to identify this Tamarisk for some time.

It is, looks like pretty much all of the Tamarisk that grow all over too much
of Santa Fe and the waterways of New Mexico. It is probably T. pentandra. If
you are still in S.F. you can get more information about them at Plants of the
Southwest, or Agua Fria Nursery, they are both on Agua Fria Rd. Probably the
best way to get rid of them is to napalm the whole county.

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page; http://members.aol.com/grommit383/myhomepage
Last updated 08-04-02 with 15 pictures of the Aztec Ruins.
Old 23-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Iris Cohen

I had a nice tamarisk once (T. chinensis) that I was growing as a bonsai, but
it was too much work. The genus is usually not considered hardy in Zone 5, but
there is one in Syracuse.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."